Wardha is a city and a municipal council in Wardha district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Wardha gets its name from the Wardha River which flows at the North, West and South boundaries of district. Founded in 1866, the town is now an important centre for the cotton trade. It is the administrative center of Wardha District.It was included in the empire of the Mauryas, Sungas, Satavahanas and Vakatakas Vakataka. Pravarpur, modern Pavnar was once the capital of the Vakataka dynasty. Vakatakas were contemporary of Imperial Guptas. The daughter of Chandragupta II (Vikramaditya) was married with Vakataka ruler Rudrasena. The period of Vakatakas was 2nd to 5th C.A.D. The empire stretched from the Arabian sea in the west to the Bay of Bengal in the east, and from the Narmada river in the north to the Krishna-Godavari delta in south
The existing Wardha district was part of Nagpur district till 1862. Further it was separated for convenient administrative purposes and Kawatha near Pulgaon was the district Head quarter. In the year 1866, the district head quarter moved at Palakwadi village which is the existing place and then Wardha city is habited there. In Wardha there is a village called Pavanar where Acharya Vinoba Bhave lived.
For a deal, click on Services